communications, journalism, media degree
Communications is widely used industry term encompassing Advertising, Film, Journalism, Mass Comm, Radio, Sound, Television, Video, Audio Multimedia and creative writing. Communications courses at undergraduate bachelor, postgraduate master, Ph.D doctorate research degree levels in Australian universities are listed below. Some are conducted via online distance learning education or on part time basis. For other degree courses, click HOME link .
- Besides ATAR, which are the Year 12 HSC prerequisites required for admission ?
- Where do I study to become a Reporter, News Correspondent, Journalist, Television Presenter or work in Digital Media or Publishing industries ?
- A bachelor university degree in Journalism / Digital Media / Communications leads to jobs in the Web Advertising, Print Advertising, online Advertising, television and TV news reporting, digital multimedia technologies web and print publishing , public relations, webinars and journalism.
- This may lead to roles such as a Media manager, journalist, editor, reporter, TV journalist, TV presenter, Video producer, Website Producer , Web Product Manager or professional writer.
- Australia offers some of the best facilities to study these subjects.
- If you are keen in Visual Communications, have a look here
Typical university admission requirement :
- English proficiency
Victoria : VIC
- Media, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism @ Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology : RMIT
- Communications,Linguistics , Journalism Media & Cinema Studies at LaTrobe
- Bachelor of Media Communication at ACU, Australian Catholic Univ
- Media, Publishing & Communications programs at Uni of Melbourne - Graduate school
- Journalism & Australian studies at Monash Uni
- Master of Global Communications at La Trobe University
- Creative Writing, Professional Writing, Media, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism, Communication at Deakin University
New South Wales : NSW
- Journalism & Communication : University of Technology Sydney : UTS
- Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology at University of Western Sydney- IT focus
- Bachelor of Communication at University of Newcastle
- Media and Communications course at University of Sydney
- Communication Arts at University of Western Sydney : UWS - School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- Media & Communication at University of Wollongong : UOW
- Dept of Media, Music, Communication & Cultural Studies at Macquarie Uni
- Communication and Media degree courses at Notre Dame University
- Communication studies at University of New England: UNE
- Communication courses at Charles Sturt Univ : CSU
Queensland : QLD
- Communications, Journalism and Media courses at Griffith University
- Media, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism at Bond University
- Journalism and Mass Communications courses at Griffith Uni
- Media and Communication courses at Queensland Uni of Technology
- Creative writing Literary studies at Queensland Uni of Technology
- Communication and Media degree at University of Southern Queensland: USQ
- Journalism courses at University of Southern Queensland: USQ
- School of Communication at University of the Sunshine Coast: USC
- Journalism, Communication and Languages courses at James Cook University : JCU
- School of Journalism and Communication at University of Queensland
- Journalism courses at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
Western Australia : WA
- School of Media Communication & Culture at Murdoch University
- Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) Journalism, Marketing at Curtin University of Technology
- Media Culture and Creative Arts courses at Curtin Uni – Journalism, Professional writing
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication studies( includes digital multimedia) at University of Western Australia: UWA
Tasmania : TAS
- School of English, Journalism & European Languages studies at University of Tasmania: UTAS
South Australia : SA
- Media studies at University of Adelaide
- Communication course at University of South Australia : UNISA
- Communications and Media at University of Notre Dame, Australia
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Journalism, communication, media & Public relations studies at University of Canberra
For non journalism, communications or media degree courses at Australian universities, click HOME link .