journalism, communications, media degree
Communications is a broad term encompassing Advertising, Film, Journalism, Mass Comm, Radio, Sound, TV, Video, Audio Multimedia and creative writing. Communications courses at undergraduate bachelor, postgraduate master, PhD doctorate research degree levels in Australian universities are listed below. Some are delivered via online distance learning education or on part time basis. For other degree courses, click HOME link .
- Besides ATAR, which are the Year 12 HSC prerequisites for admission ?
- Where do I study to become a Reporter, News Correspondent, Journalist, Television Presenter or work in Digital Media or Publishing industries ?
- Australia offers some of the best facilities to study these subjects.
- A bachelor university degree in Journalism / Digital Media / Communications leads to employment in the Web Advertising, Print Advertising, online Advertising, television and TV news reporting, digital multimedia technologies web and print publishing , public relations, webinars and journalism.
- This may lead to roles such as a Media manager, journalist, editor, reporter, TV journalist, TV presenter, Video producer, Website Producer , Web Product Manager or professional writer.
- If you are interested in Visual Communications, have a look here
Typical university admission requirements :
- English proficiency
New South Wales : NSW
- Communication studies at University of New England: UNE
- Communication courses at Charles Sturt Univ : CSU
- Bachelor of Communication at University of Newcastle
- Media and Communications course at University of Sydney
- Journalism & Communication : University of Technology Sydney : UTS
- Communication Arts at University of Western Sydney : UWS
- Media & Communication at University of Wollongong : UOW
- Dept of Media, Music, Communication & Cultural Studies at Macquarie Uni
- Communication and Media degree courses at Notre Dame University
- Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology at University of Western Sydney- IT focus
Victoria : VIC
- Bachelor of Media Communication at ACU, Australian Catholic Univ
- Media, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism @ Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology : RMIT
- Communications,Linguistics , Journalism Media & Cinema Studies at LaTrobe
- Journalism & Australian studies at Monash Uni
- Master of Global Communications at La Trobe University
- Media, Publishing & Communications programs at Uni of Melbourne – Graduate school
- Creative Writing, Professional Writing, Media, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism, Communication at Deakin University
Queensland : QLD
- Journalism, Communication and Languages courses at James Cook University : JCU
- School of Journalism and Communication at University of Queensland
- Journalism courses at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
- Communications, Journalism and Media courses at Griffith University
- Media, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism at Bond University
- Journalism and Mass Communications courses at Griffith Uni
- Media and Communication courses at Queensland Uni of Technology
- Creative writing Literary studies at Queensland Uni of Technology
- Communication and Media degree at University of Southern Queensland: USQ
- Journalism courses at University of Southern Queensland: USQ
- School of Communication at University of the Sunshine Coast: USC|
Western Australia : WA
- Media Culture and Creative Arts courses at Curtin Uni – Journalism, Professional writing
- School of Media Communication & Culture at Murdoch University
- Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) Journalism, Marketing at Curtin University of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication studies( includes digital multimedia) at University of Western Australia: UWA
Tasmania : TAS
- School of English, Journalism & European Languages studies at University of Tasmania: UTAS
South Australia : SA
- Media studies at University of Adelaide
- Communication course at University of South Australia : UNISA
- Communications and Media at University of Notre Dame, Australia
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Journalism, communication, media & Public relations studies at University of Canberra
For non journalism, communications or media degree courses at Australian universities, click HOME link .