television production, filmmaking,TV film studies
Film making, TV production, Television and Film Studies degree courses at undergrad bachelor, postgrad master, PhD doctorate research levels in Australian universities are shown in the list below:
- Besides ATAR, what subjects must be passed at HSC Year 12 ?
- Where can I study to be a Producer, Film maker, Movie Director, Cinematographer, Film Crew or Stage staff ?
- What is the best university to study Film production, movie making or television production ?
- The near future will see more films incorporate CGI (Computer Generated Images) technology and life like animation with movies like Avatar, 300, Gladiator, Star Wars and Beowulf being good examples. This leads to a need for cross skilling such as Visual Arts and Computer Animation studies.
- A bachelor university degree in Film Studies or Television, Screen offers grads the best chances of finding work in a myriad roles in the growing film making ( movie, motion picture, cinema), television (TV) and video production, advertising and entertainment industry in Australia.
- Australia makes some of the best films and produces some highly famous actors
- Ever since blockbuster movies such as Star Wars, 300, The Matrix, Mission Impossible, Superman and Happy Feet were made in Australia, there has been a good increase in demand of film making professionals in the Australian motion picture production and television industries.
- As well, work availability in the motion picture industry in Australia is reliant on various factors such as the number of movie project coming in from USA which in turn depends on the strength of the Australian dollar, unemployment rates in US / Australia etc.
- In other words, it is unwise to think Film making as a career guarantees income or employment stability. Not every in the business has a job all the time or makes heaps of money.
Typical job titles in Film & TV industry
- Audiovisual Technician
- Broadcasting Technician
- Executive Producer
- Film, Stage & Television Director
- Film and Television Editor
- Film & Television Producer’s Assistant
- Film & Television Lighting Operator
- Film & Television Camera Operator
- Lighting Technician
- Media Presenter ( TV presenter )
- Production Coordinator
- Production Designer
- Set Designer
- Sound Technician
Victoria : VIC
- Film courses at University of Melbourne
- Media, Journalism, Screen, Music courses at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology: RMIT Film and Television
- Film and Television at Deakin University
- Film and Video courses at Swinburne University of Technology - Bachelor of Film and Television
New South Wales : NSW
- Film making and Acting training at New York Film Academy >> new in Sydney
- Film studies at University of Sydney - Department of Art History and Film Studies
- University of Western Sydney: UWS
- TV production at Charles Sturt University : CSU
- Media Arts production courses at University of Technology, Sydney : UTS
- Bachelor of Design in Animation at UTS
- Bachelor of Media (Screen and Sound Production) at UNSW
- Film studies at UNSW
Queensland : QLD
- Film, screen & media studies at Griffith University
- Film, Television & Screen-based Media courses at Bond University
- Film TV New media degree courses at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
Western Australia :WA
- WAAPA at Edith Cowan University : ECU Western Australia Academy of Performing Arts
- Curtin University of Technology: Dept of Film, Television & Screen Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Industries at Edith Cowan University : ECU
South Australia : SA
- Screen and Media studies at Flinders University
- Specialise in Film, Television and CGI or Digital Media : UNISA
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Film studies major at Australian National University : ANU