Pharmacy degree courses at undergrad bachelor, postgrad diploma master, PhD doctorate research degree levels at universities in Australia are listed below.
- Which universities provide pharmacy qualifications ?
- What does a Chemist or Pharmacist do?
- Besides ATAR, what are the prerequisite subjects at Year 12 HSC ?
- A BSc bachelor university degree in Pharmacy offers graduates good employment opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry as a pharmacist.
In Australia, Pharmacists are occasionally referred to as Chemists. Typically Pharmacists process requests for medication prescriptions from doctors, evaluate suitability and correctness of the prescriptions, dispense drugs to the patient and provide advice on the proper use and side effects. Chemists bridges a doctor with a patient and thus ensure safer and good use of drugs.
Typical university admission requirements for Pharmacy degrees :
- Chemistry, English proficiency
Pharmacy is available at these Australian unis :
Victoria : VIC
New South Wales : NSW
- Pharmacy at Univ of Newcastle
- Bachelor in Pharmacy at Charles Sturt University : CSU
- Pharmacy at Uni of Sydney
Queensland : QLD
- Pharmacy courses at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
- Pharmacy at Griffith University
- School of Pharmacy at University of Queensland : UQ
- Pharmacy degree @ James Cook University : JCU
Western Australia : WA
Tasmania : TAS
- Pharmacy at University of Tasmania: UTAS
South Australia : SA
- Pharmacy & Medical Science at University of South Australia : UNISA
Northern Territory: NT
- Charles Darwin University : CDU
Australian Capital Territory: ACT
- Pharmacy at University of Canberra