medicine, medical degree course
Medicine courses at undergrad bachelor, post grad diploma master, PhD doctorate research degree levels at universities in Australia are listed below. For more courses, have a look here.
- Which Australian universities can you apply for a degree course in Medicine?
- Besides ATAR, what prerequisite subjects must be attained at Year 12 HSC ?
- Where can you study to be a physician or medical doctor ?
- Australia is home to several Nobel prize winners in medicine.
A university degree in Medicine or Medical Degree is the first step to a good career in the medical, Health Care and Hospital industry and offers good employment opportunities as a doctor, medical officer, physician, surgeon, specialist, medico or medical pathologist alongside nursing staff.
Most Australian medical schools confer MB BS degrees on completion of a medicine course. The University of Newcastle confers a B Med. This qualification is equivalent to MBBS, any BMed graduate may practice in any field of Medicine of their own choice including surgery. In Australia, Doctor of Medicine (MD) is an advanced research degree requiring two years’ full time enrolment, compared to a PhD which requires 3 years’ full time enrollment. Off-shore Medical Student’s Guide .
Typical admission requirements for Medicine degree:
- Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English proficiency
* Some unis may require completion of a bachelor degree as a prerequisite to admission into medicine.
Medicine is available at these universities:
New South Wales : NSW
- Medicine degree at University of New South Wales : UNSW
- Bachelor of Medicine courses @Uni of Newcastle
- Medicine at Uni of Sydney
- Medical studies at Univ of Western Sydney : UWS
- School of Rural Medicine at Univ of New England : UNE
Victoria : VIC
- Medicine at Deakin Univ
- Bachelor Medicine programs at Univ of Melbourne
- Medicine degree at James Cook University : JCU
- Medicine courses at Monash Uni
- Medicine at Griffith Uni
- Medicine at University of Queensland : UQ
Western Australia : WA
Tasmania : TAS
South Australia : SA
- School of Medicine at University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney campus
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Medical school at Australian National University : ANU
For courses other than Medicine, have a look here