sports exercise science
Sport science deals with scientific techniques and principles used to optimise sports performance. Human movement (aka kinesiology) is a related scientific discipline that studies human movement of all types in various contexts such as work, sports and dance.
Sport science covers areas of physiology, psychology, biomechanics, motor control and includes other topics such as nutrition & diet, sports technology, anthropometry, kinanthropometry and performance analysis.
Sport scientists and performance consultants are growing in demand and employment numbers, with the ever-increasing focus within the sporting world on achieving the best results possible. Through the study of science and sport, researchers have developed a greater understanding on how the human body reacts to exercise, training, different environments and many other stimuli.
Sports and Exercise science courses at undergrad bachelor, postgraduate diploma, master, PhD degree courses at universities in Australia are listed below. For other degree courses, have a look here.
Employment opportunities for Sports Science, Human Movement, Kinesiology, Kinetics graduates include:
- health and fitness / gym instructor
- exercise physiologist
- personal trainer
- sports coach
- Physical Education teacher at universities and schools
- exercise scientist for professional sports organisations
- professional athlete
Universities offering sports exercise science :
New South Wales : NSW
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Sport & Exercise : UTS
- Exercise Science & Sport Management at Southern Cross University
- Bachelor of Exercise Sport Science at Newcastle University
- Health and Sports Science degrees at University of New South Wales: UNSW
- Exercise & Sport Science course at Uni of Sydney
- School of Human Movement Studies at Charles Sturt Univ: CSU
Victoria : Vic
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science at Deakin University
- Bach of Exercise and Sport Science at Federation University
- Sports and Exercise Science / Physiology at University of New England: UNE
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise & Sport Science) at RMIT
- Bachelor of Exercise Science and Human Movement at Victoria University VU
Queensland : QLD
- University of Queensland : Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences (BESS)
- Bachelor of Exercise Science - Griffith University
- Exercise Science, Sports Management & Sports Science at Bond University
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science at Australian Catholic University ACU
- Bachelor of Human Movement Science at Central Queensland University CQU
Western Australia : WA
- Exercise and Health at University of Western Australia: UWA
- School of Chiropractic and Sports Science at Murdoch University
For degree courses other than sports exercise science, look here .