mines mining engineering
Mine engineering degree courses at undergraduate bachelor, postgraduate master, Ph.D doctorate research degree level at Australian universities are listed below. For other degree courses, click HOME link.
- What do Mining Engineers do ?
- Where can I study Mines Engineering ?
- Besides ATAR, which Year 12 HSC subjects must be attained to satisfy admission criteria?
- Australia is home to BHP Billiton & Rio Tinto, two of the biggest and famous mining and mineral resources processing and exploration companies
- Rare earth metals are commonly found in modern Consumer Electronic like Plasma screens iPods, iPhones LCD screens etc
- Australia is a major supplier of Coal, Copper, bauxite/aluminium, Gold, Silver, diamond, Opals lead , Iron ore, Nickel and Uranium ( Yellow Cake), Petroleum and Natural gas. China’s insatiable demand for Australian minerals continues to fuel mining activity in Australia.A Mining Engineering degree prepares graduates for a employment in the minerals processing and mining industry in Australia.
- Rare Earth metal mining in Australia is expected to rise in activity due to China’s tightening of it’s exports. At the moment China is responsible for more than 95 % of the global supply of rare earth metals.
- News Break ! Aussie mining company Lynas to mine rare earth metals in Australia - jobs coming !
- Majority of jobs in the mining industry typically require you ( regardless if you are a mining or an electrical or civil engineer working at a mine ) to be stationed at some remote mine site devoid of usual urban facilities. Typical work schedule is work 2 weeks on, 1 weeks off etc. Apart from the glamour of big bucks associated with mining, please be aware of these working condition, perhaps speak to a few people who have actually worked in such mines, before deciding to take a degree in this area, and finding out 4 years later you hate it!
Typical admission requirements :
- Physics, Mathematics, English proficiency
Victoria : VIC
Mining courses at University of Ballarat
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) is a new 3 year design-orientated technical program commencing in 2013 to replace the previous Bach of Engineering Science program – it provides you with a start in a career as an Engineering Technologist
- Graduate Diploma of Mining
- Bachelor of Engineering Science (Mining Eng)
- Master of Engineering Technology - Mining
New South Wales : NSW
- Mining Engineering courses at University of New South Wales : UNSW
- University of Wollongong : UOW - Civil, Mining and Environmental
- Mining Engineering degree at University of Newcastle
Western Australia : WA
- Mining Eng at University of Western Australia : UWA – Perth
- Western Australian School of Mines at Mining at Curtin University of Technology
South Australia: SA
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) B.E(Mine) at University of Adelaide
Queensland : QLD
- Mines Engineering at University of Queensland