mines mining engineering
Mine engineering degree courses at undergraduate bachelor, postgraduate master, Ph.D doctorate research degree level at Australian universities are listed below. For other degree courses, click HOME link.
- What do Mining Engineers typically do ?
- Where can I study Mines Engineering ?
- Besides ATAR, which Year 12 HSC subjects must be attained to satisfy admission criteria?
- Australia is home to BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto, two of the top and best known mining and mineral resources processing and exploration companies
- Rare earth metals are commonly found in modern Consumer Electronic like Plasma screens iPods, iPhones LCD screens etc
- Australia is a major supplier of Coal, Copper, bauxite/aluminium, Gold, Silver, diamond, Opals lead , Iron ore, Nickel and Uranium ( Yellow Cake), Petroleum and Natural gas. China’s insatiable demand for Australian minerals continues to fuel mining activity in Australia.A Mining Engineering degree prepares graduates for a employment in the minerals processing and mining industry in Australia.
- The mining of Rare Earth metalsin Australia is expected to increase in activity due to China’s tightening of it’s exports. Currently China is responsible for more than 95 per cent of the global supply of rare earth metals .
- News Break ! Aussie mining company Lynas to mine rare earth metals in Australia - jobs coming !
- Majority of jobs in the mining industry typically require you ( regardless if you are a mining or an electrical or civil engineer working at a mine ) to be stationed at some remote mine site devoid of usual urban facilities. Typical work schedule is work 2 weeks on, 1 weeks off etc. Apart from the glamour of big bucks associated with mining, please be aware of these working condition, perhaps speak to a few people who have actually worked in such mines, before deciding to take a degree in this area, and finding out 4 years later you hate it!
Typical admission requirements :
- Physics, Mathematics, English proficiency
Victoria : VIC
Mining courses at University of Ballarat
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) is a new three year design-orientated technical program commencing in 2013 to replace the previous Bach of Engineering Science program – it provides you with a start in a career as an Engineering Technologist
- Graduate Diploma of Mining
- Bachelor of Engineering Science (Mining Eng)
- Master of Engineering Technology - Mining
New South Wales : NSW
- Mining Engineering courses at University of New South Wales : UNSW
- University of Wollongong : UOW - Civil, Mining and Environmental
- Mining Engineering degree at University of Newcastle
Western Australia : WA
- Mining Eng at University of Western Australia : UWA – Perth
- Western Australian School of Mines at Mining at Curtin University of Technology
South Australia: SA
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) B.E(Mine) at University of Adelaide
Queensland : QLD
- Mines Engineering at University of Queensland