structural civil engineering, quantity survey
Undergraduate bachelor degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Quantity Surveying and other courses at postgraduate master, Ph.D doctorate research degree level at Australian universities are listed below.
- Civil engineering refers to the planning, design and construction of the built environment and provision of essential services and infrastructure. Civil engineers use sophisticated concepts to create buildings, pathways and infrastructure to improve quality of life. Transport systems, water supply, drainage systems, ports and harbors are some examples of essential services where civil engineering is applied in the the most effective way of interacting with the natural environment.
- Quantity Surveyors are professionals who primarily work in the construction industry and are concerned with construction costs and contracts by estimating and planning for materials, manpower and other dependencies
- In addition to ATAR score, what Year 12 HSC subjects are required for admission prerequisites ?
- Which unis offer bachelor engineering degree courses in the Faculty of Civil Engineering ?
- The Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, Snowy river scheme are some of Australia’s magnificent Civil engineering achievements.
- A Bachelor in Structural, Civil or Construction Engineering leads to good employment prospects in Building and Construction related industries.
Career Opportunities for Civil Engineers
- A Civil engineering degree provides graduates with basic technical skills needed to be a professional civil engineer together with skills in construction, project management, design and surveying.
- Civil and structural engineering are closely related. Some of the most significant examples of structural engineering can be found in the ancient Egyptian Pyramids, Great Wall of China to the more modern Eiffel Tower and Sydney Opera House.
- Properties and use of concrete, steel and timber and the physics and mechanics of structures will also be covered. Students learn about water supply systems, flood protection, sanitation, hydraulics and waste disposal.
- Civil engineers build and maintain buildings, roads, bridges, tunnels, homes, office complexes, shopping and apartment blocks, water and sanitation systems.
- Job opportunities for civil engineers are found in manufacturing, R & D, universities and colleges, mining and construction companies, energy sector, government and private sector.
- More info about using Australian university degree in Civil or Structural Engineering degree can found here: Civil Engineer
New South Wales : NSW
- Civil Engineering courses at University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Engineering – Civil – Environmental
- Bachelor of Engineering – Civil – Structural
- Bachelor of Engineering – Civil - Construction Management
- Bachelor of Engineering – Civil / Bachelor of Design – Architecture
- Bachelor of Engineering – Civil – Geotechnical
- Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment / Civil Engineering degrees @ University of Newcastle
- Civil, Mining & Environmental Engineering degree at University of Wollongong
- Civil Engineering degree at University of Technology, Sydney : UTS
- Civil and Environmental Engineering courses at University of New South Wales
- Bach Of Construction Management & Property: UNSW ( with quantity surveying option)
- Bachelor of Construction – Project Management: UTS
- Bachelor of Construction Management : WSU
Victoria : VIC
- Bachelor of Engineering Science (Civil) at University of Ballarat
- Civil and Building Engineering degree at Victoria University
- Civil engineering degree at Swinburne University of Technology
- Civil Engineering course at Monash University
- Civil, Environmental, Chemical Engineering courses: RMIT
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) at Deakin University
- Civil Engineering at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Civil engineering courses at University of Melbourne
- Master of Construction Management : Melbourne University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) : RMIT
Queensland : QLD
- Construction Engineering at Griffith University
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering at Griffith University
- Civil and Environmental at Queensland University of Technology
- Civil Engineering at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering at James Cook University : JCU
- Civil and Construction at Queensland University of Technology
- Civil Engineering programs at University of Southern Queensland : USQ
- Bachelor of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying : Bond < new>
- Bachelor of Urban Development (Honours) (Quantity Surveying and Cost Engineering) : QUT < new>
Western Australia : WA
- Civil and Construction engineering : Curtin University of Technology - Perth
- Bachelor of Engineering – Civil ( Honours) at Edith Cowan University : ECU
- Civil and Resource Engineering degree at University of Western Australia :UWA
- Construction Management course: Curtin
South Australia : SA
- Civil Engineering courses at Flinders University
TASMANIA : TAS
- Civil Engineering at Uni of Tasmania