visual design, creative arts, animation, digital media
Knowing the difference between “Digital Media” from ” Visual Arts makes a crucial difference to one’s future employment and financial health. One is related to better job opportunities and naturally better salary rewards. Visual and Performing Arts is reported to be the third most overrated degree choices, with only 52% of grads gaining employment in their chosen field in Australia with a median starting salary of $38K. More here. But if you still wish to study Visual Arts degrees after this warning, continue reading.
Do you enjoy designing or creating visual images? …. Why not look into nurturing skills by taking Visual arts design, Digital Animation, Digital Media, Product design degree courses at undergraduate bachelor, diploma post-grad master, degree levels at Australian universities are in the list below. For other degree courses, click HOME link.
- What prerequisite subjects must be attained at HSC Year 12?
- Where can you study for qualifications to work in Visual Arts or Animation design
- A degree in Visual Arts may lead to job offers in Advertising, film making and product design.
- What jobs can I apply for with a degree in Visual Arts ?
- Visual art is related to but differs from Visual Communication in that the latter has a focus on transmitting specific messages to a target audience via radio, TV, print publications (newspapers or magazines) or internet technology
- Visual arts refers to creative works predominantly visual in nature in physical or electronic form
- Visual arts are related to and have application to the applied arts such as industrial design, graphic design, fashion design, interior design and decorative art
- Examples of Visual Art: painting, drawing, pottery, sculpture, print making, photography, digital photography, video, movie making, design & craft
- Recent computer technology advances make possible digital and electronic Visual Arts to manifest in mediums such as Movie Animation, CGI, Interactive media, Multimedia and Movie magic
- Digital media deals with creative design work done on internet technology and is visible on PCs, mobile devices such as tablets ( iPads ) and smart phones. These include video work and web design and computer graphic animation. This is the way of the future and has better growth potential than the traditional Visual Arts in terms of jobs and salaries.
- Visual Arts graduates are typically employed as as artists, designers, curators, art writers and educators.
- Specialization in animation may lead to careers as web designer roles in IT, animation, internet based web UI animation, architecture, character design, computer game software design, experimental animation, feature film production, film and television graphics, special effects ( CGI) and storyboard design.
Visual Arts, Animation, Design is available at:
New South Wales : NSW
- Bachelor of Design ( Visual Communication ) at University of Western Sydney, UWS
- Bachelor of Visual Arts and Design at Australian Catholic University ACU, Strathfield campus
- Visual Arts degree at COFA, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Visual Arts at Southern Cross University : SCU
- Visual Arts courses at University of Wollongong : UOW
- Visual arts courses at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Graphic Design) at University of Wollongong
- Bachelor Design degrees at UTS ( includes Animation, Fashion, Textile, Photography, Interior Design Industrial Design, Visual Communication )
- Master of Animation (C04212v2) at University of Technology: UTS
- Visual Arts – Bachelor of Arts (Animation and Visual Effects) : Charles Sturt University
- Visual and Performing Arts degrees at Charles Sturt University: CSU
- Acting for Screen and Stage, Animation and Visual Effects, Design for Theatre and Television, Jewellery design, Photography, Graphic Design, Theatre, Journalism, Creative writing, Performing Arts
- Bachelor of Arts – Media at Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Visual Arts - University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Arts (Graphic Design) at Charles Sturt University, CSU
- Billy Blue College of Design: communication design, digital media, commercial interiors, fashion etc
Victoria : VIC
- Bachelor of Design (Animation and Interactive Media) at RMIT, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Design ( Communication ) at RMIT
- Bachelor of Fine Arts at Visual Arts at University of Melbourne
- Graphic, Industrial ,Film & Television, Interior Design at Swinburne university
- Bachelor of Visual Arts at Monash University
- Bachelor of Creative Arts at Deakin University
- La Trobe University Graphic Design courses
- Communication Technology and Digital Media courses at La Trobe
- University of Ballarat Fine Arts, Multimedia, Graphic Design
- Victoria University: Courses in
- Creative Industries
- Games Development
- Digital Media
- Graphic Design
- Video & Motion Graphics
- Music and Audio
- Professional Writing and Editing
- Visual Art
- Web & Digital Media
- Bachelor of Visual Arts and Design (Honours) at Australian Catholic University
Queensland : VIC
- Visual Creative Arts at Griffith University
- Bachelor of Animation – South Bank Griffith University
- Queensland University of Technology : QUT Bachelor of Creative Industries, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Visual Arts at University of Southern Queensland: USQ
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Visual Arts) at James Cook University : JCU
Western Australia : WA
- Visual Arts at University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Contemporary Arts at Edith Cowan University
- School of Media, Culture and Creative Arts at Curtin University of Technology
Tasmania : TAS
- School of Visual and Performing Arts at University of Tasmania: UTAS
South Australia : SA
- Bachelor of Visual Arts (Specialisation) : University of South Australia : UNISA
Northern Territory : NT
- Charles Darwin University: CDU, School of Creative Arts and Humanities
- Bachelor of Creative Arts and Industries at CDU
- Arts, Media and Design at Australian Catholic University : ACU
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
For non visual arts animation creative art or digital media courses at Australian universities, click the HOME link.