Architecture, architectural degree
Architecture at undergraduate bachelor, post-graduate master, Ph.D doctorate research degree levels at universities in Australia are listed below. For more degree courses, click here.
- Besides ATAR, what prerequisite subjects must be attained at HSC Year 12 ?
- Which Australian universities can I study for qualifications in Architecture or Architectural studies ?
- Where can I study to be an Architect ?
- What do Architects do ?
- An architect applies design flair, personal creativity and practical knowledge of structures to develop concepts, plans, specifications and drawings for building and other structures. They liaise with construction staff, planning authorities, and manage building contracts and inspect work.
- Architects deal mainly with the shape and texture of the exterior surfaces of a building, and how humans use that enclosed space, they leave the concerns about structural considerations to the civil engineer.
- A bachelor degree in Architecture design is necessary for employment as a professionally qualified Architect. It leads to career opportunities in Urban and Town Planning, Built environment and building design consultancy.
- Architecture is the art and science of designing buildings and other physical structures. “ Built environment “ is a term often used in conjunction with architecture.
- Architects are professionally trained to manage the process, planning, designing and constructing space reflecting functional, social and aesthetic considerations. It requires the control and management of material, technology, light, and shade.
- Architecture also covers the practical aspects of constructing designed spaces, such as project planning, cost estimating and construction administration. Go here to find out more about whats this subject about .
- Click to find out more about how to use your Australian University degree in Architecture to work as an Architect.
- As in any given building project requires more Civil Engineers,Builders and other tech staff than Architects, jobs in Architecture are far less than in Civil Engineering. 1,000 Melbourne architects unemployed << read this
- Be warned that many Architecture graduates, after surviving a tough 5 year degree, manage only to find work as Architectural Draughtsmen ( using software such as AutoCad, Revit or Microstation). Architectural Draughtsmen qualifications may easily be attained at TAFE via a 2 year diploma :
- In landscape architecture, built environment often refers to man-made landscapes as opposed to the natural environment.
Typical admission requirements for Architecture degrees :
- Maths, Physics and /or Design
Architecture is available at these universities :
New South Wales : NSW
- Design Architecture, building degrees at University of Technology, Sydney : UTS
- Architecture at University of New South Wales : UNSW - Built Environment
- Architectural, Design and Planning at University of Sydney
- Architecture and Built Environment at Uni of Newcastle
Victoria : VIC
- Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning at University of Melbourne
- School of Architecture and Building at Deakin University
- School of Architecture and Design at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology : RMIT
- Art Design and Achitecture courses @ Monash University
Queensland : QLD
- Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology at University of Queensland : UQ
- Civil Engineering and Built Environment School at Queensland University of Technology : QUT
Western Australia : WA
- Architecture, Landscape and Visual Art @ University of Western Australia
Tasmania : TAS
- Architecture and Design at University of Tasmania : UTAS
- Department of Architecture and Interior Architecture at Curtin University of Technology
South Australia : SA
- School of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban design at University of Adelaide
- School of Art, Achitecture and Design at University of South Australia : UniSA
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture at Faculty of Arts and Design, University of Canberra