accountancy, accounting degree
Accountancy & Accounting courses at undergraduate bachelor, diploma, postgraduate master, Ph.D doctorate research degree levels at universities in Australia are listed below. Many courses are available via online distance learning education or on part time basis. For other degree courses, look here.
- Is there any online program for Accounting study ?
- A Bachelor of Accounting degree opens up a world of opportunities in Accounting services industry in diverse roles such as general accountant, financial accountant, management accountant, Chartered Accountant or Financial Controller. Accounting is often offered as a concentration or major area within a Bachelor of Commerce degree program course.
- Where can you study to qualify as an Accountant ?
- Besides ATAR, what are prerequisite HSC Year 12 subjects for Accounting ?
- Accountants are qualified professionals who complies with a set of rules and regulations such as the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles( GAAP) and legal requirements of the country.
- Accounting minimizes doubt and provide clarity in business decisions in forecasting and planning using tools, the Budget. Accountancy is a branch of mathematical science used to diagnose current and future business health.
- Accounting activities describe the system and methodology of collection, recording, classification, summarizing, confirmation, analysis, interpretation and communication of financial figures and its significance regarding a business operation to related parties such as stakeholders and operational managers.
Accounting process help a business to analyze the financial performance of its activities, study statistics such as net profit. After obtaining a basic accounting degree, an accountant has a diverse range of role variations in terms of job opportunities, the most commonly known one being management accounting (aimed at servicing internal users), financial accounting (aimed art servicing external users), general accounting, insolvency accountant, taxation accountant and forensics accountant. In Australia, further Accountancy related certifications such as CPA, CA or CIMA maybe necessary. For more info about Accountancy, have a look here .
Accountants employ a range of software application programs to collect raw accounting data, manage accounting process and calculations and to generate accounting reports read by owners, internal mangers an external accounting auditors. Good examples are AccPacc, MYOB, PeachTree, Pegasus, Oracle Financials, SAP ERP, Quicken, Reckon and Intuit.
- implement and maintain accounting systems, and advising on selection and application of computerised accounting applications
- maintain internal control systems
- assess cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
- provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- participate in formulating budget and accounting policy
- prepare taxation returns for individuals and organisations
- prepare financial statements to be presented to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- liaising with financial institutions and brokers to establish funds management arrangements
- examine operating costs and organisations’ income and expenditure
- conduct financial investigations, prepare reports, undertake audits and provide advice on issues such as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers & acquisition, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
Universities offering Accountancy
Victorian : VIC
- Bachelor of Commerce (Acc & Finance) : Swinburne University of Technology
- Bach of Business (Professional Accountancy) : Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology : RMIT
- Bach of Commerce degree courses at University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Accounting courses at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting), BBAA : Victoria University
- Bachelor of Accounting course at Monash University
- Bach of Commerce degree course at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce programs at University of Ballarat
New South Wales : NSW
- Bach. of Commerce degree in Accounting course at University of New South Wales : UNSW
- Accounting and Finance related studies at Macquarie University
- Bach of Accounting / Business studies at University of Technology, UTS
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce – Accounting : UWS
- Bachelor of Commerce Major in Accountancy at University of Wollongong : UOW
- Bachelor of Commerce / Economics programs at University of Sydney
- Study for an Accounting & Finance degree at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) course at Charles Sturt University : CSU
- Bach of Commerce (Accounting) courses at University of New England :UNE
Queensland : QLD
- Bachelor of Accounting/Diploma of Professional Practice at Central Queensland University : CQU
- Accountancy degree : Queensland University of Technology : QUT
- Bach of Commerce Accounting : University of Southern Queensland: USQ
- Bachelor of Business/ Commerce ( Accounting ): University of the Sunshine Coast : USC
- Study Accounting at Griffith University
- Bach of Business (Accounting) : James Cook University : JCU
- Accounting degree course at Bond University
Western Australian : WA
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting degree : Curtin University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business, Major in Accounting : Edith Cowan University : ECU
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) in Accounting : Murdoch University
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting major : University of Western Australia : UWA
Tasmanian : TAS
- Bachelor of Business, Accounting courses : University of Tasmania : UTAS
South Australia : SA
- Bach of Commerce (Accounting / Finance) degree : Flinders University
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, B.Com(Acc) course : University of Adelaide
- Study Commerce (Accounting) degree at University of South Australia : UNISA
Northern Territory : NT
- Accounting degree, courses at Charles Darwin University : CDU
Australian Capital Territory : ACT
- Bachelor of Commerce degree : Australian National University: ANU
- Bach of Commerce (with Accounting Major): Australian Catholic University : ACU
- Bachelor of Commerce – Major – Accounting : University of Notre Dame at Freemantle campus
Like number crunching? Then Accountancy may suit you. Employers will seek accounting majors in years to come and far beyond.
As with finance, accounting is in demand because businesses need to be able to track and analyze their financial transactions to make the best business decisions.
They are also facing ever-increasing regulations and need employees who can meet these requirements while also providing business intelligence.
Accounting majors learn the advanced accounting skills needed to meet the demands of today’s sophisticated financial world, such as more complicated rules and regulations. The old stereotype of the brainy but quiet accountant has evolved. You’ll also develop communication and presentations skills.”
Potential Careers: Accountant or Auditor. Accountants and auditors prepare and examine financial records, ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time, says the U.S. Most accountants and auditors need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
For other non accounting, accountancy degree courses look here.